Careers at Continental Carbon
Process Engineer - Plant
Ponca City, Oklahoma
Duties and Responsibilities
- Arranges, directs, controls and monitors all unit activities within the production department for the purpose of maintaining and improving manufacturing processes, operating efficiencies, and product quality.
- Provides leadership in the implementation of plant level policies and procedures and production department procedures and implements the labor contract.
- Provides technical support for projects in the area of scope definition, design, startup and evaluation.
Assists and supports Production Superintendent in the following activities:
- Support of corporate and plant goals and objectives.
- Plans, directs and oversees the activities of the Shift Supervisors, Operators, and Process Control Operators to maximize production, quality, safety, and housekeeping while minimizing cost and downtime and meeting the requirements of environmental permits and regulations.
- Develops and implements appropriate policies and procedures to support production activities.
- Determines reactor and wet process operating parameters.
- Plans and schedules maintenance of production equipment.
- Plans and conducts unit equipment inspections, prepares daily, weekly, and monthly reports for grade runs and operating status for each unit.
- Interfaces with maintenance or contractors to accept the quality and efficiency of repairs made to units.
- Trains departmental personnel in techniques, methods, and rules of SPC.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots production processes to improve performance and solve production problems.
- Develops and presents to plant management reports concerning production volume and quality, operation summaries, downtime, personnel issues and environmental compliance.
- Provides chemical engineering support to the department and the plant through process design and process optimization activities.
- Analyze process capability data. Develop and implement corrective and preventive actions that lead to continual improvement and support reductions in the cost of quality.
- Conduct special projects for plant management.
Education and Experience
- High energy level, team player, excellent work ethic, with strong technical skills.
- Able to think and work independently. Able to troubleshoot and determine cause and affect relationships between process variables. Able to recognize opportunities and develop solutions.
- Self-confident and secure to be able to work with all types of personalities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering required.
- 5 or more years of relevant experience in a chemical or manufacturing plant.
- Green Belt certification preferred.
- Proficient with the scientific method, MS Office and Project, and AutoCAD.
- Effective communicator.
Interested persons may email resumes including complete employment histories, geographic restrictions (if any), salary history and requirements in complete confidence to: careers
An equal opportunity employer
***The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity. Our objective is to recruit, hire, train and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age (over 40), disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.